With mining thriving in the town - and a world-famous tourist attraction nearby - the Post Office Hotel offers plenty of potential to a new owner. Located in a 'no cyclone area', west of Cairns and the Atherton Tablelands, this is an affordable destination with a general store, primary school, hospital, rural fire brigade, police station, airport and more.
- Freehold hotel on 2 blocks
- Excellent main street location
- Built in 1923 - well maintained by the current owners for last 19 years
- 8 guest rooms with shared facilities - room for more
- Owner/manager's accommodation
- Wide customer base, including tourists, regular tour groups, locals and workers
- Spacious bar, lounge, and dining room
- Modern commercial kitchen
- Large undercover beer garden and children's playground
- 1.5 hours to Mareeba
Chillagoe is a thriving North Queensland community, and home to the world-renowned limestone caves, which attract tourists from all over the world. Other popular attractions include the Ford museum, copper smelter ruins, marble quarries and excellent bird-watching with 99 recorded species. The town has a strong cattle and mining economy, and looks set to continue growing.
The current owners love this business but have other commitments in the town. So it's time to find a new owner for the Post Office Hotel.