$10,000 cash incentive on the day of handover.
This is already a very popular and successful business and it comes with the potential to do even more!
Located on the Burnett Highway, 500km from Brisbane and 235km from Rockhampton, this is a busy tourist area, with nearby Cania Gorge National Park a major drawcard.
The area is rich in scenery and attractions, generating constant passing traffic.
The Duck Inn Store is a lot of things to a lot of people - general store, bakery, ice cream and confectionary; cigarettes and tobacco; stationary; gifts; newspapers and more. But it's also very well known for its catering - both in-store and out.
The fully equipped commercial kitchen serves a large range of dine-in and takeaway items including a Golden Fried Chicken franchise and pizzas plus hot and cold drinks.
But a recently renovated conference/meeting room could be fully utilised to further increase the already healthy profit margin. Turnover is currently $1.2 million pa.
The business also incorporates:
• Network Video franchise
• Dining areas inside and out (inside air-conditioned)
• Commercial laundry operation
• New dining room for private functions
There are many reasons why inspecting this business is a must, including:
• Prime 802sqm corner block close to showground, hospital, schools and motels
• Private, three-bedroom home - separate to store
• Reliable trained staff in place
• Owner only leaving due to retirement - and happy to provide training
• Business and house both recently painted
The Duck Inn Store and the residence benefit from a 60 kVA generator which can totally power both areas. This is the only business in town which can carry on trading in the case of a blackout - a major advantage.
Still need convincing? The Goondicum Ilmenite mine is due to re-open, employing 50 workers and 30 contractors. And that means more families and increased revenue for the area.
Owner is only selling as they wish to retire.