If you're seeking an exciting business and lifestyle opportunity in Far North Queensland, this well-priced freehold investment certainly ticks all the boxes.
As a licensed Australia Post Office facility, cafe and shop, the business generates a guaranteed income, with the added bonus of a successful gem and fossicking enterprise. The business is located in Mt Surprise, a region world renowned for its gemstones and mineral wealth, and is close to Cairns regional centre.
The property is on two separate blocks, totalling 7,669sqm, with one currently vacant. Partially fenced with good bore, this could be used for expansion, or sold off to generate more income.
- 2 separate freehold blocks totalling 7669sqm
- Licensed Post Office
- Established for over 15 years
- 35-seater cafe catering for tourists, tour buses, school groups
- Retail outlet selling food and essentials, gems and jewellery
- Retail space could easily change focus and stock
- Fossicking equipment hire plus issuing of fossicking licences on behalf of State government
- Winners of tourism award for 'Best Business in the Gulf' in 2003
- 1 bedroom residence attached to the business
- Great husband and wife business, easily run by 2 people
- No experience needed but full training is offered, mandatory Post Office training through Australia Post
- Inventory of inclusions available for fixtures, fittings and stock
- Figures available
What you have here is a long established and well known business enterprise that offers a great income as is, as well as multiple opportunities to expand or diversify. The vacant lot could be used to expand the retail or hospitality side of the business, build a new family home, or possibly develop tourist accommodation (STCA).
This package can be sold separately or as one.
Price for whole business: $275,000
Block 1 with all infrastructure and Australia Post: $250,000
Block 2 - vacant land with good bore: $30,000