The new owner of the Gretna Green Hotel is not only buying an income and maybe even a home, but a local landmark. Built in 1849, this heritage-listed, solid sandstone beauty has been loved by generations of locals and visitors.
Ideally situated on the Lyell Highway, it is a popular stopover for tourists travelling to the Central Highlands and beyond.
- Established historic hotel on 1.26 acres
- Building size 437sqm
- Popular watering hole and historic attraction
- Guest accommodation plus owner's/manager's quarters
- Commercial kitchen plus large dining room
- Large balcony with views
- Open fireplaces
- Staffed by owners plus casuals when needed
- Excellent regular clientele
- Price includes all equipment, beds and linen
- Acreage currently used for car parking, motor-homes, caravans etc.
- Owners happy to stay on for one month if required
The current owners have run this excellent business for 14 years and loved every minute of it! In their words, it has given them "an awesome easy going lifestyle".
Gretna is a very friendly community, and the hotel is well supported, with some customers becoming regular visitors during those 14 years.
Some alterations have been made to the building, and it has been very well maintained, in line with the requirements of Heritage Tasmania.
Located in the Derwent Valley, Gretna sits alongside the Derwent River, just 50km from Hobart. Steeped in history, it offers easy access to the lakes and mountains of the Central Highlands.
Price: $650,000 + SAV