Turnover historically over $1 million.
IGA supermarkets are one of Australia’s big success stories, so it’s well worth checking out this excellent opportunity in South Australia. Lock IGA has now become available for a new tenant or purchaser.
• Established since 1925, first as a deli and then a supermarket
• Customers come from the local community of approximately 300 people, as well as from small surrounding towns
• There are several service clubs that could become customers again
• No local competition - the closest supermarket is 70km away
• Building has been owned by the current landlord since 2011
• Option to take on the leasehold (rent negotiable) and/or the freehold ($200,000 negotiable; plant and equipment $60,000)
• Premises total 600m2 with the shop, storage room and office
• All fixtures and fittings included
• Forklift included
• 30kW solar system
Training can be arranged with a former successful business owner. Metcash (grocery suppliers) may also provide some training and support.
Lock sits 140km from Port Lincoln and is a farming community, predominately grain. Local mining operations are also in place and may increase.
This supermarket has historically been the central meeting point for locals and recently a small coffee area was created for locals to gather and chat.
The store recently closed but the community greatly values this business and wants it to reopen soon. The owner of the premises is looking for a new owner to re-establish the supermarket, re-grow the business and reap the rewards.
Price: $60,000 for the Plant and Equipment including 30kW solar system