Turning over $600,000-plus at its peak
Everything’s here ready to take this online retail business to the next level, including a great reputation, top quality products, digital infrastructure and a Facebook following of 19,000.
Established in 2010, the business was at its peak during 2015/16, with a dedicated staff member to handle purchasing and marketing. However, the business has been operating minimally since, due to lack of time.
This business could easily be run from home and would suit a husband and wife team or someone looking to be his or her own boss.
• Under current ownership since 2014
• Sells products for babies, toddlers and young parents, including top brands such as Philips AVENT, BabyZen, Munchkin, UPPAbaby, Babybjörn and Lamaze
• Impressive client and supplier list, including an email database of about 1500 customers
• Well-designed website with Magento backend
• Active social media following plus a digital marketing sector via Google Ads and Analytics
• Easy to operate from home or a small venue; no showroom, flexible operating hours
• Everything, from customer service to accounting and marketing, can be handled by one reasonably trained individual (training offered)
• During 2015/16, nearly 75% of transactions came via Google Ads, and 13.2% from Organic Search. 12.5% of transactions came directly by returning customers
• Wide range of Australian suppliers for leading Australian brands, including Bloom & Grow, CoolKidz and Baby Hood
Acquiring this business will save the buyer time and money, as everything is in place, as opposed to building a business from scratch. There is also the opportunity to upscale due to limited online players in this space.
At its peak (2015/16), the business had 80.3% from new customers, a revenue of $601,079 and a profit of $180,323. If you have the time to invest and the passion, you could quickly return the business to this level. There will never be a shortage of demand for baby and maternal products.
Currently, the business is located in an office/warehouse building, shared with the owner’s other business ventures. The owner is willing to discuss temporarily sharing the company infrastructure (storage, dispatch system) with the new owner, for an additional fee.
Sales Price: $40,000 ex GST for the business.