Turnover: $300K. Minimal overheads
If you’re looking for a solid and proven business to run from home or small premises, this one offers many advantages, including established turnover, longevity and growth potential.
This wholesale business is currently located in the Melbourne area but could be operated from anywhere.
• Established for over 20 years but previously traded under another name
• Run by the current owners for 5 years
• Products include Byron Bay Salts, Geelong Confectionery, Cozy Plush Microwave Soft Toys, Dental products, Medical travel wallets, Pure plant soap and much more.
• Customer base currently at about 300, including 95% pharmacies, independent grocery stores, health food stores and Myotherapy practitioners
• Customers based in South East Melbourne, Bayside, Mornington Peninsular, Western Suburbs, Gippsland, Bendigo, Ballarat, Geelong to Port Fairy
• Sale includes inventory at cost, usually between $15,000 to $20,000
• Option to include shelving, heavy duty weighing scales, packing benches and some stationery items
• Currently trading Monday to Friday, 9am to 5pm
• Run by a husband and wife team – one person on the road full-time, the other on the road part-time, with 2 days spent invoicing, packing orders, administration and logistics
• Knowledge of Pharmacy Market would be useful
• One month’s training offered
• Selling due to health issues
The current owners restructured the business when they bought it, reducing the range from over 1000 products to about 300. By focusing on better quality products, they have successfully increased sales. For example, they have increased the Byron Bay range by 500%.
As the business is run from home, there are minimal overheads. The only requirement is an office, and the business is currently run out of a secure double garage.
There is great potential for growth, especially if the products are taken interstate or presented to large pharmacy buying groups, such as Amcal.