NO COMPETITION IN MERRIWA... STRONG OCCUPANCY RATE
Opportunity to purchase an outstanding FREEHOLD property and accommodation business only on the market due to genuine health reasons.
Double brick building built in 1916 as the CBC Bank, was transformed into a tastefully decorated 4.5-Star, 5-room motel style accommodation business. Main street location in the heart of Merriwa set on a 2026.2sqm block, with town water, and is highly visible with excellent well presented street appeal plus outstanding views from the guest balconies.
- All rooms are air conditioned, fully furnished and with quality inclusions
- Original cedar wood and stained glass windows throughout
- 14ft Pressed metal high ceilings
- Various room configurations sleeping up to 15 persons
- Guest sunroom and dining room which seats 16 people
- Open plan manager's residence with ensuite, private entry and courtyard
- Plenty of guest off street parking as well as a manager's double lock garage, plus an extra large garden shed
- For irrigation the property has 2 large water tanks plus a large underground water holding tank
Currently operating with an occupancy rate of approximately 89% - 92% with potential to increase turnover and occupancy. A Council DA has been approved for Stage 1 with 6 self-contained motel units to be built with plenty of room for another 4 units Stage 2 if required.
Merriwa is a delightful Upper Hunter Valley town situated halfway between Newcastle and Dubbo. A town rich in many architectural gems, outdoor and cultural attractions including boutique wineries, markets and festivals. Easy access to the Goulburn River National Park, which is just 22kms south-west of Merriwa.
This successful business is currently run by husband and wife team operating to suit their lifestyle, there is huge potential to increase turnover if trading hours were increased as there is a heavy demand for quality accommodation in Merriwa. Regretful sale due to genuine health reason.
An absolute MUST-SEE property to appreciate this magnificent building and business.