Turnover: $900,000 to $1 million – No competition for 20km - Last fuel stop before Warratah
Yolla General Store & Post Office has been established since the 1940s and is a central hub in this friendly rural community. Offered on a WIWO basis, with a comfortable home included, this great package has everything you need.
• Post Office and banking, fuel, general groceries, some farming goods and feed plus a full commercial kitchen that cooks hot foods daily
• The business serves a community of approx. 400 people, mostly dairy, beef, potato and cropping farms with associated workers
• Majority of customers are year-round local families – plus a reasonable tourist clientele in the summer
• Steady year-round income with a boost in summer
• WIWO including a Ford Courier ute with a refrigeration unit on the back
• Currently opens 7am to 7pm 6 days a week; 9am to 5pm on Sundays
• The only Post Office, Petrol Station, Fast Food, General Store for 20km - last fuel stop before Warratah
• The business has one F/T staff member plus several casuals. Current staff are willing to stay on. The F/T staff member has been in the store approx. 17 years and can run the business when the owners take time off
• Tobacco licence required - and a liquor licence could be applied for
• Up to 6 months’ training offered – including Australia Post training
Yolla is a small town with a long history and the current owner has old paperwork and many pictures from the original store. The town has both a primary and a high school, plus a retirement village.
The current owner says the work is easy and perfect for people who like hospitality. The store itself is like a home local where people drop in to sit and talk.
There are several areas that could be further developed to increase turnover, including pre-made meals for the local retirement home.
Freehold Price: $450,000 including stock (approx. $50,000 in stock at any given time, including fuel in storage tanks and stock on shelves)