Published : 18 December 2014
Selling the perfect house located in the perfect neighbourhood is a relatively easy task. How about selling a property that’s rather small and doesn’t really correspond to the industry ideal? In this instance, you’ll have to put a bit of creativity in the process.
In order to make it work, you’ll have to put emphasis on the assets of a small house. Finding the right buyers for tiny property is also a major part of completing the process fast and preventing the listing from spending months on the market.
Advertise the Space-Saving Solutions Available
A few smart solutions incorporated in the interior design will make your small house a really attractive opportunity for single or younger buyers.
Smart furniture and space-saving pieces guarantee buyers a particular lifestyle without causing clutter. Many individuals that want to downsize are still interested in getting all of the conveniences that a large house has to offer. This is why investing in multi-purpose and foldable furniture will simplify the task of selling a tiny home.
Built-in shelves and closets are also great for smaller houses. Think about such modifications before announcing the property sale. Calculate the amount of money you’ll need to modify the house and make sure that you’re going to get an adequate return on investment.
Tell Potential Buyers about the Benefits of Owning a Small Home
When advertising a small house for sale, you’ll need to put emphasis on the characteristics that make this property such a great purchase. Small houses do have various advantages that larger real estate is missing:
- - Small utility bills: heating and cooling a small house is a relatively simple task. The process will demand limited amounts of energy, which will contribute to much lower utility bills.
- - Decreased house maintenance costs: since the house is relatively tiny, there isn’t going to be a lot in need of repairs. Thus, the property maintenance costs will also remain limited.
- - Less cleaning: this benefit is similar to the limited maintenance one. A small house is much easier to clean than a large property that has numerous rooms.
- - It’s easier to maintain clutter-free: people that live in a small house cannot afford to accumulate numerous belongings, souvenirs and accessories. As a result, they are much more likely to enjoy a clutter-free living space.
- - Less stress: the maintenance and upkeep of a large home is often the cause of a lot of stress. Many owners of smaller properties confirm the fact that this kind of house contributes to stress-free and enjoyable living.
Landscaping and Curb Appeal Matter
Since you don’t have a lot of interior design to work on, make sure that the landscaping is impeccable. This is an important aspect of creating an outstanding first impression.
Some flower beds and a fresh coat of paint on the façade will transform the appearance of your small house. Such upgrades are also quite inexpensive, which is why you don’t have an excuse.
You can also utilise the outdoor space to make the tiny house feel much more functional, outdoor furniture and a barbecue corner will be perfect in terms of giving potential buyers an idea about how the available space can be used in the best possible way.
Do Staging but Keep It Simple
Home staging is great but when it comes to a small house, try to keep things simple.
A few accessories and light colours will make the rooms beautiful and sophisticated. Don’t make a compromise with the available space in an attempt to accommodate more furniture and items. Such solutions are suitable for bigger spaces, they will make a small room feel exceptionally cluttered.
Be Reasonable When It Comes to Pricing
Overpricing a small home for sale is a really big mistake. People looking for a smaller house will be willing to spend a smaller amount on this kind of purchase.
The services of a property valuation professional will come in handy. If you overprice, you’ll probably be forced to decrease the amount several times, in order to attract potential buyers. Starting with the right price is a sounder strategy and it will help you close the sale faster.
Being creative and coming up with smart living solutions will help you sell a small house. Take some time to establish your strategy and to do all of the necessary property adjustments. Stick to the preliminary plan and focus on the assets of the property – that’s the best way to find a serious buyer and ensure your happiness with the outcome of the house sale.